Previously we wrote a blog post about making sure you eat during your wedding reception, but it is equally important to make sure you eat during the day leading up to your ceremony.
Photo courtesy of Kristy Dickerson Photography
We have heard more than once about a bride or groom who got so caught up in the excitement and anticipation of the day that they forgot to eat lunch. Trust us. Nerves mixed with a couple of drinks doesn’t make for the steadiest walk down the aisle. Here are a few tips to make sure you get the nourishment you need to be at your best during your wedding.
- If you are staying in a hotel the night before the wedding, order breakfast to be delivered to your room when you wake up.
- Have your wedding coordinator or one of your bridesmaids pick up food from your favorite brunch place to eat while you get your hair and makeup done.
- Assign your maid of honor with the task of making sure you take the time to sit down and eat lunch.
- Have a couple of mimosas or bellinis, but don’t forget to drink some water too!
- Have light snacks available for the whole wedding party between photos and the ceremony while guests are being seated.
- Make going out to brunch or lunch part of your wedding prep schedule. Pick a place where you can eat a hearty meal and maybe have a drink to calm your nerves.
- Pick up your favorite snacks the week leading up to the wedding and have them waiting wherever you are getting ready.
The easiest way to make sure you eat the day of your wedding is to build it into your schedule. 30 minutes for lunch can go a long way!